Friday, February 5, 2010

A Bump in the Road

The last few weeks of my life have been crazy, eventful, and stressful to say the least. I have been trying to stay afloat and, needless to say, have gotten off track from my eating and workout routine. I guess I should start at the beginning...

On January 20th I got a horrible phone call at 6:00 in the morning. My dad called to tell me that my grandpa passed away at around 1:15 that morning. I wasn't ready for that news...I guess in my mind it wasn't time yet. But over the next week, I was able to make peace with my grandpa's death.

My grandpa was the most godly man I knew. He never complained and was completely stubborn. He never let on that he was in pain. I know without a doubt that he is rejoicing in heaven right now and Jesus is one lucky guy having my grandpa around. I learned much about my grandpa as my family looked back, laughed, and reflected on the memories. It hurts not having him here on earth with us anymore. I'm sure I'll have a difficult time at the next holiday or family gathering. I wish I would have told my grandpa how much he meant to me and how much I love him. He was such a rock for our family and he prayed for each one of us each night. I know that my grandpa prayed every night for my future husband. I look forward to meeting the man that my grandpa prayed for faithfully and I hope to meet him soon.

So, of course, I've been in a pretty rough place the last few weeks. I haven't really exercised and my eating hasn't been the best. I need to get my life back on track and not get into a worse place. So, next post will be better. I'm gonna make it be. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment