Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back from Vacation

I had a great time at the Lake of the Ozarks with Julie this week. We had a great time of rest, relaxation, and shopping. Beth came down on Thursday and we went to the outlet mall and swam at the pool. For dinner we came across this random bbq place called Burnt Ends. It was very good. I'm so glad we came across it. Julie and I just spent the rest of the week swimming, relaxing, and hanging out. We went to a dueling piano bar on Friday night and had a great time.

Don't worry...I still got some exercise in. I took a water aerobics class on Thursday morning. It was really fun and also a little challenging. I enjoyed it. On Friday I ran 1 mile in 17:36. I ran for a little longer and only walked 3 minutes of it. I know it's slow, but I gotta start somewhere!

Got back into St. Louis on Saturday afternoon so we could celebrate Emily's birthday last night. We went to Espino's Mexican restaurant for dinner and I had some amazing enchiladas. Then out to Fox and Hound for drinks after. It was a really good time. Happy Birthday Emily!

Church this morning was great. Such a great message from Pastor Ron about not being anxious and trusing God through the ups and downs and just remaining steadfast through them all. Kaleb was back from Africa leading worship and it was wonderful.

I took a few days off of exercising, but I'm back tomorrow for some running and sand volleyball. Then back to work on Tuesday....yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment