Monday, July 18, 2011

Race Day Draws Near...

My graduation race is Sunday! I'm so excited about completing a 5K and actually running it. But, before we get to that...let me fill you in on what's been going on. My computer crashed the last week of June and I finally purchased a new one! Very exciting, but definitely money I wasn't planning on spending. That's why no pictures will accompany today's post:(

Summer school ended! Thank Goodness!! WOOOHOOO!!

July 4th was great. Love that holiday. I got to hang out with family and friends and watch some fireworks. The very next day Cynthia and I went to Chicago and saw U2 at Soldier Field. Awesome concert. I must say, I'm not a huge U2 fan, but they put on a great show! We literally ate our way through Chicago the next day. Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Chicago Style Pizza from Gino's East, Garrett's Popcorn, and Ghiradelli's. Seriously a lot of good food!

My friend Maeve had her baby shower this past weekend. So excited that she's having a boy! Beth and I knew it (of course!).

Before race day, I am seeing NKOTBSB in concert tomorrow! It's gonna be amazing. I'll feel like I'm a teenager again. Then, I'm heading to Wrigley to catch and Cubs game with my parents. We received free tickets that are 1st row behind the dugout. Seriously good seats. I'm excited to celebrate my mom's birthday with a Cubs win!

Then it's back to St. Louis for my race. I'm getting nervous already about how slow I'm going to be and that I'll finish last. I just need to be confident in my progress from the beginning of this No Boundaries training program. I would have never been able to run 3.1 miles 10 weeks ago. My breathing has gotten better and my stride has improved. Hopefully I will rock this Opening Act 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment